Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly


The Good:

I went to the bank at 9:00am today to take a computer test because I might be starting a full time job there. I sat down at the computer, nerves jittering, and clicked 'start' on the test screen.

The Bad:

The computer promptly froze 10 seconds into the demo. "Drat!" I said, praying I couldn't be heard through the office door. I told Vickie who came and restarted the computer.......and again after it froze TWO more times! Finally she called Tech Support and they were able to restart the computer and get me through the practice questions on the test (about 15 minutes worth of 'demo')....and guess what happened......the screen froze.
So, we went over to the other office to install the program on a different computer. After about 15 minutes the program is ready to go and I sit down to start the test for a 4th time.

The really, really Ugly:

HOWEVER, computer #2 doesn't have speakers, and it impossible to take this test without sound. So, we went back to office #1, took the speakers off that computer, and hooked them up to the computer in office #2. Begin test 5th time....

Ok, nothing else should go wrong, right? *BUZZ* Guess again. The number pad on the keyboard in office #2 doesn't work....and since its a test for a bank, numbers are kind of important :-) UGH!
At that point I was done for. Even if we got everything working I had lost my momentum to take the test. I just wasn't focused anymore. So, I'm going back tomorrow morning (Wednesday) with the promise that they will have it all figured out :-) I saw enough of the test that I don't think it will be too difficult, but prayers are welcome :-)
However, more than anything else....I ask you to pray for the computer!


3 comments:

Cosette said...

Mom was telling me tonight about your 'good, bad and ugly' test episode! I'll be praying that tomorrow morning goes much, much better!

Anonymous said...

I'm a day late reading this sooooooo..... How did the test go??!! Come on, come on, I want to know now!

Chuck said...

i would have been looking around for the hidden camera
hope it went well today
what bank?