Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Night of the Zombie


Okay, embarrassing story, but its too funny not to post :-)

A few nights ago my family watched the movie "I am Legend". (a must see.....very good movie) In this story there are, for lack of a better word, zombies. They usually jump out from around a corner, and even at times from out of nowhere. They made us jump a few times and had me a little jittery.
When the movie was over we headed back upstairs to go to bed (it was about midnight). I remembered that I had forgotten to feed my cat before the movie, so I opened the front door to check on the status of her food dish. Empty. Leaving the front door open, I ventured out to the garage to get a cup of cat food. When I returned to the front door, it was shut. Not locked, just shut.

I thought I left the door open. Oh well, its late and I'm tired.....I must have forgot I shut it.

With that thought in my head I reached for the doorknob, turned, pulled, and came face to face with this thing that screamed in my face and sounded a lot like one of the 'zombies' from the movie. I screamed twice as loud and three times as long as this thing...... which, when finally stopped screaming, I realized was just my dad who had decided to give his youngest daughter a heart attack.

My screaming like an idiot is not an uncommon thing, unfortunately. When I'm startled my first instinct is to scream. Not gasp, jump, or even back up. But Scream. My poor youth pastors wife....We met around a corner tonight and I screamed in her face. You see, I scared her too but she didn't scream. She said quite calmly, "Oh, you scared me!"

I loved "I Am Legend" but for the sake of my families ears, I might wait a while until I watch it again......or any other thriller for that matter.



3 comments:

Chuck said...

people who scream are so much fun for other people to scare, it is too much to ask a "kid at heart" not to take advantage of this
good job 'dad'

Cosette said...

Yep, you scream just like me! Congratulations, we really are sisters :) (By the way, I think I got through that whole movie without actually screaming even once, but it was probably just because Joel had already told me what was going to happen, so I was prepared :)

And I like your music!!

Anonymous said...

I think you aquired the SCREAMING
from your Grandmother handed down to your mother. The good thing about it is we would scare even a burgular. So keep on screaming Kristin..............G. Rosina