Saturday, February 2, 2008

1 Ice storm, 200 cookies, and 1 nervous little sister

Wray and I had an 'ice storm' adventure on Friday. Our area had freezing rain all thursday night, and by the time morning came around everything, including the road, was covered in a nice sheet of ice. When I pulled myself out of bed I called and cancelled hand therapy and then found Wray in the driveway chipping about an inch of ice off my car. If you could have lifted the ice off you would have had a perfect ice sculpture of my car :-)

Then, we watched a movie in the kitchen while I baked a double batch of chocolate chip cookies.....we have enough cookies to feed an army :-P We then decided to 'live on the wild side', as Wray put it, and take some cookies to Joel and Jaime on the snow covered roads. He went out to warm up the car and I discovered when I went out a few minutes later that when he said 'live on the wild side' he meant taking my car! Funny how that worked out, huh?

He drove so it also included taking the back way home, "to test your car in the snow." I was perfectly happy with never finding out how my car did on the back roads with snow, but we had fun :-P Or rather, he had fun laughing at me everytime I would cringe or cover my eyes. We took the back way with the agreement that he would pay for any damages that occured when we slid into a ditch and I would drive his Sunfire until my car was fixed.....he laughed at that too, so I'm not sure if he realized I was serious :-)
Wray is a pretty good driver though, and he parked my car safely back in the driveway at which point he turned to me and said, "See, no reason to worry." I then pryed my fingers off my dashboard and exited the car silently
:-)

So that is the story of our ice storm adventure

2 comments:

Cosette said...

That ice adventure turned into a yummy treat for my family! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Kristin, I must say that you are one brave girl. You sound like you really trust your brother and my (favorite grandson) I am not soo sure that I am that brave.( IT WILL BE A NIGHT TO REMEMBER) Oh I believe there is a Song out by that title.
G.Rosina