Monday, December 10, 2007

Hand Therapy

In my next few blogs I am going to be telling a little about myself---just so you know a little bit about who I am as you are reading.
I'm sure I will be mentioning hand therapy on here at some point so I will explain why I make such frequent trips to the hand therapist. A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with "Raynauds Syndrome". With Raynauds, when your brain tells your body that its cold the nerves in your hand react too severely....basically cutting off the blood supply to your hands. This results in sore hand/finger joints, dry skin, and redness. I had been trying special creams but gave up with those when they stopped working. I did some research and found out that there is no cure, and not many doctors have looked into it.
However, I found a therapist close to home who is very interested in Raynauds and was more then willing to see what he could do for my hands. Over the past few weeks I have been doing experimental therapy called 'anodyne light therapy'. We weren't sure if it was going to help but...well, you decide..............


This is my hand about 1 1/2 years ago. Its kinda hard
to tell in this picture but they were extremely red and dry.

This is my hand today, about 6 hours after therapy!
I had been praying for a long time that I would find
something to help my hands. I'm giving God the credit
for finding hand therapy! :-]


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alumni are now ELIGIBLE for the Saturday matinee.

Anonymous said...

AND their families.