Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm Baaaaackkkk


After a long absence from blogging, I'm back. I haven't been feeling the greatest for the past few months, and blogging has been at the bottom of my 'motivation-to-do' list. So I thought I'd do a picture post and just start where I left off in August.
I'm starting a new job on Monday, so I'm going to try my hardest to keep up at blogging during my first few stressful weeks. While I was taking some time off from work due to medical issues, I got a call from a pediatricians office that I had sent my resume to waaaaay back in August. I had been praying for a job in a pediatricians office, so I was thrilled when they called and asked me to start November 2nd!
Other than that, most of whats been happening is laid out in the pictures below.......




After finishing my CNA classes this summer ( and receiving my license/certificate ) my family had a party for me. We had it at a local restaurant, with just a small group of family and friends










L-R: Wray; Cosette; Jaime; Noah; Joel; and Eli, waiting on dinner to be served at my party.






L-R: Sarah; Jenny; Adam; Bito; Dad; Me; and Uncle Chris.....also waiting on dinner :-)







This is my Grandfather, demonstrating to party guest how 'Kristin baby' crawled. This has become a tradition of sorts at any event that happens to be in my honor........I do believe that other restaurant customers were quite amused.








This September one of my Mom's childhood friends brought her family to visit and spend the day with us. It was the first time for some of us to meet, and it was cool to finally meet the friend that I had heard so many stories about. This is Cosette with Sarah, one of the younger children in the family.



It was such a nice day that we spent most of it in the yard enjoying the sunshine!




In the beginning of October, my Mom and I took a trip to visit Ken Ham's Creation Museum. We had a two day pass, so we spent a few days on the trip and were happy with our hotel room and a King size bed :-) Traveling from our house to the Museum, we were in 6 states in only 6 hours.....my new personal record












Some of the displays were so life-like! If you ever plan on going to CM, I definitely encourage you to buy a two day pass, as there is sooo much to see and read.











The Gardens located behind the Museum were beautiful. We went at the time of year when it was starting to get a little chilly out, but it wasn't so cold that we couldn't enjoy walking around.










On our way back to the hotel after our first day at the museum, Mom spotted a cloud in the sky that looked strangely like a dinosaur head! Maybe it was just because we had them on our mind after being at the CM all day, but I think sometimes God likes to let you know he's watching what your doing :-)








Noah absolutely loves to ride on the 4-wheeler. This was his first time riding, and he just stuck his thumb in his mouth and sat there, as if all was right with the world now. Each time Wray would pass the porch where we were all sitting, Noah would laugh and wave as if to say, "Look at me!"





This is Cosette and I watching The Swiss Family Robinson. Although she enjoyed the time at our house, she admitted later that this was not her favorite movie.....The next picture explains why..........

















......There were some 'slightly scary for a 4-year-old' parts....so Cosette was glad to have a blanket to cover her eyes....

Well, that's all for now! You've been updated on my summer, and I'll try better to keep you updated a little more often.

2 comments:

Helen@Appletree said...

Ha, I've got the first comment
:-)

Glad that you are back and thanks for sharing all that nice photos.

I am hardly blogging those times, too, so I fully understand, but nevertheless I like coming over here and finding a new post.

Helen

Chuck said...

blessings on your job at the pediatricians office
that is a true blessing
there is usually a very long line for a job like that,
to get it right out of school shows the depth of God's love for you Kristin