Saturday, August 29, 2009

*Bounty, the quilted quicker....er....uh, the mess inside my washer...




The Day: Thursday, August 27th, 2009



The Time: 1500 hours



The Scenario: I'm really dumb! Ok, so this is what happened....




We had company coming to our house Thursday evening so I was straightening up the house a little. I got a new roll of paper towels out of the cupboard and the Windex off the laundry room shelf....and then noticed that my laundry basket was about to over flow. So I sat my supplies on top of the dryer and threw in a load of laundry real quick and went back to my prior task, which was Windexing the bathroom mirror.



Hmmmm I thought when I turned around and didn't see a roll of paper towels sitting next to the windex on top of the dryer.


I know I got out a roll of paper towels. Oh well, I'm in a hurry and don't have time to figure out what I did with them. I'll just get a new roll out.




So, after our company left that night, I went back to the laundry room to retrieve my black capris from the washer...the pair I planned to wear to my job interview the next morning.


I open the washer lid.....


I stare......


I stare a little longer.....


I rub my eyes.....


What in the WORLD!


I could not see the clothes in the bottom of the washer due to a thick layer of this white-ish brown stuff. It was way to much to be a tissue that I had simply left in my pocket. I dive my hand to the bottom, and pull out a shirt that was covered...and I mean covered....in white fuzz...lint....stuff. It's almost midnight and I'm way to tired too figure out this white-ish brown mystery, so I close the washer lid and head to bed.


The next morning mom inquires if I know what happened in the washer. So I told her what happened and cleaned out the washer. I threw the clothes in the dryer hoping that the lintish looking stuff will fluff off a little; it didn't, so I re-washed the clothes.


You know those brown paper sacks that you get at the grocery store? Well, with all the lintish stuff that I got out of the washer and dryer lint trap, I filled one of the bags almost half way full! It blew the vent cover off the side of the house and this white-ish lint stuff was in our back yard!


Mom and I spent the remainder of the day trying to figure out what had happened.


And then it hit me!





That roll of paper towels...the one that I had been too busy to look for.....had some how been knocked into the washer and washed with my laundry! I have no idea how this happened, and most of all how I didn't notice!

The Lesson Learned: Bounty is not only quick at cleaning up messes.....its also really good at MAKING messes

The Quilted Quicker Picker Up-er

Bounty!

5 comments:

Cosette said...

LOL---So, it's not just me who does stuff like this then, huh?

Chuck said...

i probably wouldn't mention this hilarious event at the job interview

Bito said...

hahaha thats hilarious! can some one say Rusty?

Marsha said...

I was just mentally picturing all this going on. What a great laugh. I'm sorry for the extra work that had to be put in, but I needed the laugh today. Thanks!

Appletree said...

Wahaaaa, I love this! And I love the thought of how the back yard looked like... *giggle*
So funny!