Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Heart of the Issue


Anatomy is not an easy class....in more ways than one.


Reason One:

My advisor/instructor allowed me to skip the pre-requisites for the class since I'm trying to transfer next fall. I've had to work extra hard to be able to keep up with the rest of the class. Not an easy thing to do in anatomy.


Reason Two:

The first day of class I ended up sitting at a lab table with two other girls. They seemed nice, so we just made it habit to sit together. Not long after, when I found out they weren't really interested in the class, I was labeled the 'girl who doesn't party on the weekend and never uses the F word'.


Reason Three:

I talked to my professor, and we decided I could move tables....for the sake of my finding some people who cared about the class and would study with me. I never made it that far though....

One of the girls from my table confided to me several health concerns she has:

She has cancer...shes pregnant...she already lost one child in January...Shes worried the cancer may have spread to other parts of her body.

She asked me to start studying with her because she really wants to pass the class. How could I not? It was like God was opening the door of opportunity for me.

I was having a hard time focusing in class that day; trying to figure out how I'm going to pass the class if I don't move tables and find a serious study partner. My professor then handed me my exam paper from that day...I received my highest grade yet on that exam.


His Grace is Sufficient.......


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, God must have put you with those three girls for a reason. It seems to me that you are going to be a wonderful witness. We don't know why things work out like they do but we do know that God through his holy spirit will work things out for our good and his glory. If you get moved to another group then that is God's will also. Hang in there you are one of my favorite granddaughters. Love Ya! G. Rosina

Anonymous said...

Kristin,
I'm so proud of you---your faith in God is such an encouragement to me! God has big plans for you--I know you are still searching, but I feel confident that God is working and it will all come together quickly--or should I say it God's time! Thanks for being my daughter. I love you Dad