Friday, October 17, 2008

God is Good!

Have you ever done something that took a lot of your time and energy and wondered later if it mattered to anybody? A year from now will anybody even remember anything from this event that took over my life for months?

I had been wondering that for a while after July 2007, when I hosted the Secret Keeper Girl conference. I had been praying all that summer that the conference would make a difference in someones life....their life on earth, and their eternal life in Heaven.

Summer 2008 came and I hadn't really heard any testimonies from that night.....after a while, I became a little discouraged. Over 100 people at the conference and I hadn't heard one word about it.
Then recently, a lady approached me and asked:

"Are you Kristin Skidmore? The one who did the Secret Keeper conference?"
"Yes I am, why?"
" My daughter and I attended that conference, and I wanted to tell you how much we loved it. My daughter learned so much from it! Now when we go shopping she's always looking for Secret Keeper clothes. Every where we go she finds a reason to bring up what she learned that night. My husband and I are so glad you did the conference."

Thanks God....I needed that!

Then, a little while later, I found out that two of my former SKG students started a bible study with some of their friends. They're studying the same subjects that you will find in the SKG book. And, the friends that they started the group with are two girls that had wanted to attend my SKG summer camp, but for one reason or another were unable to! How cool is that?

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good,
for at the proper time we will reap
a harvest if we do not give up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember doing a lot of jobs in the church and thought , "Does anyone even care that I am doing this." Then one day a little boy's mother came to me and said, My son thinks that your Sunday School Class is teaching him so much about the bible. I remember thinking that God was letting me know that it is not the attention of man that is important but what we do for him behind the scenes. G. Rosina