Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sleep over at Aunt Kristin's House


It appears we have a little artist in the family. Cosette spent the night last week ( hence the fort under the kitchen table...) and we spent some time coloring and drawing at the table. I was very surprised when she said, "Look Aunt Kristin! A flower!" Maybe I'm biased, but I think that is a pretty good flower for a three year old! She certainly doesn't get her artistic skills from her Aunt, because a flower is about all I can draw :-)

She really wanted to 'camp' in my room, so she slept in a sleeping bag on my floor. She said she slept wonderfully; although I'm not so sure she did, because I watched her for a while and she rolled from one end of my room to the next......I had to keep putting her back in her sleeping bag with her pile of blankets. I gave up eventually when I realized it was a hopeless task :-) In the morning I woke up to this little voice saying, " Aunt Kristin, I'm ready to get up now! ......I'm ready to get up now!.......Aunt Kristin!..........I have to go potty!" Ok...I'm up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I have drawings like this, too from my goddaughter and I love them and put them up my office wall.

Guess what - my FM Static CD arrived today in the mail and just in a few minutes I'll be up to the kitchen cooking and turning the volume up - can't wait!

Kristin said...

Helen,
I love to listen to music while I'm in the kitchen! When I have the house to myself I turn the volume up and bake away :-) My family doesn't mind because it gets my 'need to blast the music' out of my system while they're not here....and a yummy treat is usually the result :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, she does have talent for art! Your Dad showed us a picture that she colored for him from a coloring book. She does really well staying within the lines as well for her age.

Anonymous said...

As for the moving around a lot while they are sleeping, Kayla was bad for that. She would end up in the complete opposite direction at the bottom of the bed. I went out to give her meds the one night and pulled back the covers expecting to find her head, only to be greeted by her feet. Had to search a little to find out where her head was in the semi-darkness of her room to get the covers off her before I woke her since she has the tendency to just bolt upright when you wake her.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.