Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girl Gab




Tonight was the first night for our new group 'Girl Gab'. I recently decided that I wasn't getting nearly enough friend time during the week so I sent out some letters.....as did mom, since we decided this would be a group for women of all ages.......and waited to see what kind of response I would get. And I must say that for the first night we had a great time! Plans were made for future Thursday nights, and I was able to reconnect with friends that I haven't seen in years! Literally!





I also enjoyed the time with my sister. Now, I know I see her quite a bit through the week, but ( as much as I love and adore my niece and nephews ) it was nice to sit and have some conversations with her without a little voice interrupting :-)





We read through Philippians tonight and had a great discussion afterwards. Melted chocolate squished between pretzels was on our menu for this evenings snack (since we all decided that chocolate is a MUST have for these gatherings) and we split into teams and played that game with raw spaghetti and gum drops. For those of you who have never played I think the picture below explains it all :-) Our team won by one inch, with a whopping 27 inch tower!


Looking forward to our next meeting!






The Champions

(L-R) Heidi Redmond, Mary Heath, and Me

2 comments:

Cosette said...

Kristin---Agreed, it was a fun night, even if my tower did fall over! One slight correction to your post, however----one of the 'Champions' on your tower building team was Heidi REDMOND, who is no longer Heidi Baker :)

Appletree said...

What a great idea. Why do I live "far over the ocean" *sigh*...