Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Girl Who Cried 'Nurse'!

One of my dearest friends really made me think this week. Kalia's Facebook status read something like this:


"Want to make God laugh?
Tell Him your plans."

That took me back to many many years ago....let me explain....

When I was a little girl, I couldn't stand hospitals, doctor's offices, dentist offices...basically anything that had to do with doctors and nurses. I would literally start feeling sick if I knew we were going to visit a person at the hospital. The smell, the strange noises, ugh....I hated it all.

Therefore, since the time she could talk, Kristin Skidmore has made it know that "I will NEVER be a nurse!"

This proves you to be correct, Kalia! I told God my plans and he just laughed, "Yeah right Kristin! Too bad you're not in charge!"

I am thrilled about becoming a CNA. Actually, I haven't been this excited about something in a long time! I'm excited about all the opportunities that this will open up for me.

In other words, learn from my example.....NEVER, ever ever...say NEVER!

2 comments:

Chuck said...

kalia is as wise as the rest of her family
it is soooooo true
God's laughter has its origin in all of our High-sounding thoughts, ideas and plans

Love Instead. said...

The rooster song makes me want to bang my gums on your living room floor so that I can scream louder than this song! Ahahah.