Wednesday, June 25, 2008

November 2006 - Present :-)

Ok, ok....so I lied. Its been more than a few days. Before I started this post I checked sitemeter to make sure that people were still reading my blog......it appears as though I still have as many readers now as I did a month ago, so I'll continue with this post. ( I didn't want to post this up if no one was reading....) Get comfy....its gonna be a long one.

When I start reading someones blog I like to find out why they started blogging. Many people have shared these reasons with me: boredom, 'my new hobbie' journaling, venting :-), pleasure.....etc.

Me? Why did I join the crazy world of blogging? My reason just so happens to be 6 feet 2 inches tall :-)

But let me back up to, oh, lets say November 27th, 2006. I was invited to a friends birthday party, where I met a friend of my cousins. His name was Adam. I remember driving home that night thinking, "Wow, what a nice guy. Too bad I'll probably never see him again." ( If I had only know :-) )

So, the weeks go by, and Adam starts showing up at my church on Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings. ( he attends a church down the road) I'm gonna be totally honest here.....by Christmas, I was hooked. Any time the church was planning an event or my friends were getting together, I'd pray that Adam would show up. :-)

Little by little, we started talking. When my Mom had open heart surgery in January of 2007, I was sitting in the waiting room and I received a text message on my phone. It was Adam, checking on Mom. Over the week that my family stayed in the townhouse near the hospital, we talked just about non-stop. If we weren't on the phone, we were texting. Yes, Jaime....I do remember conversations I had with other people that week :-P

Okay, now let me jump ahead. We spent basically the entire summer together.....until August 24th, 2007. Adam left for Master's Commission. For those of you who are not familiar with Master's, its a 9 month discipleship program. ( more info at masterscommission.com ) We were both excited about this opportunity for him....except for one little detail. As a first year at Master's, you are under a covenant.....no relationships. The 9 months is meant as a time to grow closer to God without the pressure of any outside relationships. It was bittersweet: We were both excited for the time to focus on God and search Him out, but at the same time we knew it wasn't going to be easy.

So, I said all that to say this: that is why I started my blog. It was a way to 'communicate' with Adam, without actually talking to him :-) I had no idea so many other people would find my blog!
He came home for Thanksgiving, at which time the closest I came to seeing him was seeing his car parked in his Church's parking lot. Thankfully though, we did at least get to spend some time together over Christmas....with lots of family and friends surrounding.

He graduated from his first year back in May. Which brings me to another point.....that is why I haven't been blogging near as much. I've been a little preoccupied catching up the past 9 months.

So where are we in our relationship now? As of a few days after his graduation, we have started courting. Courting?
One of the things that made me notice Adam to begin with was the way he treated girls, and the respect he showed towards them. We soon found out that we both agreed on the way a relationship should be handled. Avoid the physical side and concentrate on become strong friends.
Which would be the definition of courting.

We have been so encouraged by my sister and brother-in-law. They also courted, and now have an amazing relationship within their marriage.
I was also on another blog, (the link on my page: High Calling ) and read the story of Beverly's courtship. It is so encouraging to read about other people who have the same experiences.

My plea: I know Jaime, and occasionally Beverly, read my blog. If the two of you (or anyone else I may not know of) have suggestions or stories of any sort, they would be greatly appreciated. I love reading how it worked out for others.

Please pray for us, as we are still seeking God's direction in this. We don't know where any of it will lead, but are keeping God in the front row.

Ok, I'm done now :-)

( Sorry I don't have a current picture. The most current one I have on here is under my April 27th post, "Prayer Request." ok, ok, so he was more than a good friend :-) )

8 comments:

Cosette said...

Okay, okay, so I always knew your blog was just a way of communicating with Adam....it wasn't REALLY about the cute pictures of my kids, was it? ;)
No, seriously, I think you know about all of mine and Joel's story that there is to know---you know, important stuff like, don't read your sister's love letters....but anyway, the best advice I can give is, come talk to me if you ever need or want to :) I'm only a phone call or a few miles away :)(And tomorrow you're stuck with me for the whole day, so think up those questions!)

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwww!!! You're not suppose to make me cry (at least not at work). I am so proud of you and Adam!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha, "keeping the secret" as blogname gets a total different meaning here!

I can't wait for more stories of you and your 6 feet 2 inches of reason ;-)

And it is so great that you take so much encouragement from your sister's story - this is what big sisters are for, right?
Good luck with all that questions of her *ha*.

Chuck said...

hey kristin,
Heather Clark, who wrote that worship dance book, recently felt the power of God come over her and she did a "warfare dance"
it is on you tube thought you would enjoy it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ACWzbuMBU&NR=1

Beverly said...

Oh how exciting!! I like how Jaime did a post for you -- I'll try to do the same sometime next week. I can't wait to hear more about your courtship. Blessings to you!!

Beverly said...

Kristin, I'm so sorry I haven't done that post yet! I haven't forgotten though - I'll let you know when I do it!!

Beverly said...

Ok - its me again!! I finally did the post :-) I did it on my other blog, The Girl Inside, because I thought your story might encourage some of the other girls that read it. You can get to that blog from a link on my sidebar. Love to you!

Maria said...

It is so inspiring to read of God's work in your life! :D